REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 11
- Raise the window.
- Remove the door pad and the moisture barrier. Remove the outside rear view mirror.
- Using a blunt, non-marring instrument, protect the surrounding surface and gently pry the outer weatherstrip free of the door, then remove it rearward.
- Remove the lower rear window sash or track. Remove the bolts and then turn the track so that it will come out the access hole.
- Lower the window so that the glass mount bolts are visible at the access holes. Support the glass and remove the glass mounting bolts.
- Pull the door glass upward and carefully turn it so that the rear edge of the glass comes out the top of the door. Remove the glass.
- Support the regulator and remove the regulator mounting bolts. An assistant can be useful here. Unplug any electrical wiring going to the regulator.
- Remove the regulator through the access hole.
- Reinstall the regulator and secure the bolts. Plug the electrical wire connectors back together, if removed.
- Install glass assembly with the holders attached. Use the same half-turn method to install the glass as was used to remove it. If the glass was changed or removed from the holders, it must be reassembled so that the distance (Y) from the rear edge of the glass to the center of the nearest bolt hole (in the holder) is 3.9-4.0 inches. (99-100mm). Once that distance is established, the second holder is installed so that the distance (X) between the center of the bolt holes is 18.3-18.4 in. (465-467mm).
- Install the rear sash and tighten its bolts.
- Install the outer weatherstrip.
- Install the outer mirror.
- Roll the window all the way up. Check the fit of the glass at the top and sides. Loosen the roller guide mounting volts and then adjust the slant of the glass front-to-back. Lower the door glass until the holder reaches the access holes and loosen the glass holder mounting bolts. Adjust the front to rear position of the glass. Loosen the bolts holding the lower vertical window track and adjust the glass position.
Any one adjustment may affect the others and more than one pass may be necessary. Operate the window bit by bit, checking the fit at every location in every position. Once the window is correctly placed, tighten the retaining bolts.
- Install the moisture barrier and the door trim.