REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- The distributor cap is held on by two screws or clips. Release them with a screwdriver and lift the cap straight up and off, with the wires attached.
- Inspect the cap for cracks, carbon tracks, or a worn center contact.
- Pull the ignition rotor straight up to remove (remove screws if so equipped). Replace it if its contacts are worn, burned, or pitted. Do not file the contacts. To replace, press it firmly onto the shaft. It only goes on one way, so be sure it is fully seated (install screws if so equipped).
- Inspect the plug wires for cracks or brittleness, replace them if necessary. Transfer the wires from the old distributor cap to the new one. Be sure to place them on the correct terminals.
- Install the distributor cap and tighten the two screws or engage clips properly.