See Figure 1
- Disconnect the wiring from the oil pressure gauge unit inside the engine compartment.
- Ground, using a test lamp, the front wiring harness connector.
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
- Check the be sure that the test lamp flashes and that the gauge's indicator moves.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 2 and 3
The oil pressure sender unit is located in the same area on all engines. It is located on the lower front of the engine, either mounted onto the engine vertically on the oil filter galley or horizontally next to the oil filter itself.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unfasten the electrical connector from the oil pressure sender.
- Remove the oil pressure sender from the engine.
- Clean the sensor's threads of all dirt, oil and other contaminants.
- Apply a thin film of a liquid sealant to the threads, making sure not to use so much that some could drip into the engine and perhaps block an oil galley.
- Tighten the oil pressure sensor snugly into its mounting hole. Do not crossthread the sensor.
- Reconnect the sensor's wiring, and hook the negative battery cable back up to the battery.
- Check the engine oil level.