REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 6
- Disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery.
- Pull off the horn cover at the center of the wheel by grasping the upper edge with your fingers to release it. On some models the pad is screwed on from behind the wheel. Disconnect the horn wire.
- Matchmark the relationship between the wheel and shaft. Remove the steering wheel retaining nut.
- Screw the two bolts of a steering wheel puller into the wheel. Turn the bolt at the center of the puller to force the wheel off the steering shaft. Do not pound on the wheel to remove it, or the collapsible steering shaft may be damaged.
- Install the wheel and push it onto the shaft splines by hand far enough to start the retaining nut.
- Install the retaining nut and tighten to 25-33 ft. lbs. (34-44 Nm).
- Connect the horn wire and reinstall the horn pad. If it is the snap on type, make sure all the clips are engaged.
- Connect the negative cable to the battery.