REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Do not spill brake fluid on any of the vehicles painted surfaces. It will damage the paint!
- Use a suitable siphon or a clean turkey baster to remove the old fluid, or remove the clutch master cylinder reservoir bracket mounting bolts and pour the old fluid into a suitable container.
- Clean the reservoir thoroughly using a clean shop cloth or paper towel.
- Disconnect the clutch pipe from the master cylinder.
- Remove the reservoir hose from the master cylinder reservoir.
If additional room is needed, remove the driver's side lower dash panel and the following items from under the dash:
- Remove the cotter pin on the clutch pedal rod.
- Remove the clutch pedal pin out of the yoke.
- Remove the master cylinder retaining nuts.
- Remove the clutch master cylinder from under the hood.
Do not spill brake fluid on the clutch master cylinder damper.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
Use only fresh DOT 3 or 4 brake fluid from a sealed container to refill the clutch hydraulic system.
- Fill and bleed the clutch system, using a suitable DOT 3 or 4 brake fluid.