As a vehicle travels in different elevations, the barometric pressure changes. Based on the elevation above or below sea level, the pressure changes are compensated for through the vehicle electronics. As elevation increases, there is less overlying atmospheric mass, so that pressure decreases with increasing elevation.
The BARO sensor is a variable capacitance sensor used to determine altitude. The BARO signal affects injection timing and fuel quantity to optimize engine operation throughout all altitude conditions.
Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the Barometric Pressure (BARO) sensor harness connector.
- Remove the BARO sensor bracket and bolt.
- Remove the BARO sensor (2).
- Install the BARO sensor (2).
- Install the BARO sensor bracket and bolt. Tighten the bolt to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Connect the BARO sensor harness connector.