Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the transaxle:
Using the J 38122-A, hold the crankshaft damper.
NOTEIt may be necessary to remove the chamfer (bevel) from the edge of an 18mm socket in order to get full engagement on the thin-headed flywheel bolts.
Remove and discard the flywheel bolts.
NOTEDo not orientate the flywheel to the crankshaft. It is balanced separately from the engine.
- Remove the flywheel.
- Clean the thread adhesive from the flywheel bolt holes. Use a nylon bristle brush to clean the holes in the crankshaft.
- Install the flywheel.
- Install the NEW flywheel bolts. Tighten the bolts to 39 ft. lbs. (53 Nm) plus an additional 25° using the J 45059.
- Remove the J 38122-A tool from holding the crankshaft damper.
Install the transaxle:
- If automatic transaxle, refer to Automatic Transaxle Assembly, removal and installation.
- If manual transaxle, refer to Manual Transaxle Assembly, removal and installation.