Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Disconnect the engine oil pressure sensor electrical connector.
Remove the engine oil pressure sensor.
- Install the engine oil pressure sensor and tighten to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).
- Connect the engine oil pressure sensor electrical connector.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Inspect the Oil Pressure Sensor connector, check terminal for poor connections, loose wires, bent, broken, or corroded pins, and then verify that the connector is securely fastened.
- Check the continuity between the terminal and body of sensor with an ohmmeter. If there is no continuity, replace the oil pressure sensor.
- If the diaphragm is cracked or there is oil leakage within the sensor, the oil pressure sensor must be replaced.