Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
WARNINGThe drive belt tensioner is a hydraulic tensioner with high initial torque. Release slowly to ensure proper operation.
WARNINGDepending on the tolerances of the open end portion of different manufactures wrenches, ensure that care is taken so the wrench does not slip off of the lug.
- Install a tight fitting 15mm open end wrench to the drive belt tensioner lug on the rear of the tensioner.
- Very slowly push down and towards the back of the vehicle in order to slowly compress the drive belt tensioner. Remove the drive belt from over the drive belt tensioner.
- Very slowly, allow the drive belt tensioner to return to the extended position.
- Remove the drive belt from around the supercharger and generator pulleys.
- Remove the right front fender liner.
- Remove the drive belt from under the idler pulley and around the Air Conditioning (A/C) compressor and crankshaft damper.
- From through the wheel house opening, remove the drive belt.
- Remove the Evaporative Emission (EVAP) tube and EVAP valve.
- Remove the throttle body and gasket.
- Remove the supercharger inlet pressure (SCIP) sensor.
- Disconnect the vacuum brake booster hose.
- Remove the intercooler fill neck bracket bolts.
- Remove the vacuum line from the supercharger.
- Remove the supercharger. Remove the gasket if damaged.
- Install the supercharger gasket.
- Install the supercharger and bolts. Tighten the bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Install the intercooler fill neck bracket bolts. Tighten the bolts to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Connect the vacuum brake booster hose.
- Install the SCIP sensor and bolt. Tighten the bolts to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Install the throttle body. Tighten the throttle body attaching bolts to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- From through the wheel house opening, install the drive belt.