Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the lower control arm.
Place the lower control arm in a vise.
Remove the ball joint to control arm rivets using the following procedure:
- Use a 1 / 8 inch (3mm) drill bit in order to make a pilot hole through the rivets.
- Use a 31 / 64 inch (13mm) drill bit to complete drilling the rivets.
- Remove the ball joint from the lower control arm.
- Install the ball joint to the lower control arm.
- Install the ball joint bolts and the nuts. Follow the instructions in the ball joint kit.
- Tighten the ball joint bolts to 50 ft. lbs. (68 Nm).
- Install the lower control arm.
- Lower the vehicle.