All models use sealed wheel bearings that are pre-adjusted. If the bearing needs replacing, replace the front wheel hub/bearing assembly.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel.
- Remove the rotor.
- Remove the axle shaft nut.
- Remove the wheel speed sensor connector.
- Remove the wheel bearing bearing/hub assembly bolt.
- Remove the wheel bearing/hub assembly bearing.
- Remove the wheel bearing/hub assembly spacer.
Installation is the reverse of removal. Torque the axle shaft nut to 81 ft. lbs. (110 Nm); the hub bolts to 85 ft. lbs. (115 Nm).