Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
Remove the wheel.
- Support the rear axle with a tall jackstand near the shock absorber.
- Remove the upper and lower shock bolts.
- Remove the shock from the vehicle.
- Position the shock absorber to the vehicle.
- Install NEW upper and lower shock bolts. Tighten the upper bolt to 66 ft. lbs. (90 Nm). Tighten the lower bolt to 81 ft. lbs. (110 Nm).
- Remove the jackstand.
- Install the wheel.
- Lower the vehicle.
Testing & Inspection
- Check the rubber parts for damage or deterioration.
- Check the shock absorber for abnormal resistance or unusual sounds.
- Check for oil seepage around seals.
- Replace as needed.