Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Pull the hood rear seal from the air inlet grille panel to remove it.
- Turn the ignition ON.
- Turn the wiper switch to DELAY.
- When the wiper arms are paused at the bottom of the wipe pattern, turn the ignition OFF.
- Remove the negative battery cable.
- Remove the wiper arm nut cover.
- Remove the wiper arm nut.
Using J 39637, remove the wiper arm from the wiper pivot shaft.
- Remove the push pin fasteners in the air inlet grille panel.
- Disconnect the washer fluid hose.
Remove the air inlet grille panel from the vehicle.
- Remove the fasteners (1) attaching the wiper transmission (2) to the plenum.
- Lift the transmission assembly from the plenum.
Remove or disconnect the following:
The electrical connector from the wiper motor
- Position the wiper motor to the wiper transmission assembly.
Install the wiper motor screws. Tighten the screws to 71 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
NOTEThe new wiper motor comes pre-timed from the factory in the PARK position. Do Not energize the wiper motor prior to installation. If the wiper motor is energized, the wiper motor must be electrically returned to the PARK position.
- Install the wiper motor crank arm and crank arm nut. Tighten the nut to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Connect the electrical connector to the wiper motor.
- Install the wiper transmission into the plenum.
- Install the fasteners attaching the wiper transmission assembly to the plenum. Tighten the fasteners to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Position the air inlet grille panel to the vehicle.
- Connect the washer fluid hose.
- Install the push pin fasteners to the air inlet grille panel.
- Install the wiper arms onto the wiper transmission pivot shaft.
- Align the wiper blades ends to the alignment dots in the lower windshield blackout.
- Install the wiper arm nut and hold the wiper arm blades to the dots in the windshield blackout while tightening the nut. Tighten the nut to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Install the wiper arm nut cover.
- Operate the windshield wipers and inspect for proper operation and alignment.
- Install the hood rear seal to the air inlet grille panel and press it into position.