ABS system bleeding requires conventional bleeding methods plus use of the DRB scan tool. The procedure involves performing a base brake bleeding, followed by use of the scan tool to cycle and bleed the HCU pump and solenoids. A second base brake bleeding procedure is then required to remove any air remaining in the system.
- Perform the manual or pressure brake bleeding procedure.
- Connect a scan tool to the Data Link Connector (DLC).
- Select ANTI-LOCK BRAKES, followed by MISCELLANEOUS, then ABS BRAKES. Follow the instructions that are displayed. When scan tool displays TEST COMPLETE, disconnect scan tool and proceed.
- Perform the manual or pressure brake bleeding procedure a second time.
- Top off master cylinder fluid level and verify proper brake operation before moving vehicle.