The oil pressure switch is normally -Closed.- The switch changes from a "Closed" circuit to an "Open" circuit, on increasing pressure of 7 psig. The oil pressure switch changes from an "Open" circuit to a "Closed" circuit, on decreasing pressure, between 2 psig and 4 psig.
Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative cable from the battery.
- Raise vehicle on hoist.
- Remove front splash shield.
- Disconnect oil pressure switch connector.
Remove the pressure switch.
- Install the oil pressure switch.
- Connect oil pressure switch connector.
- Install front splash shield.
- Lower vehicle.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and ensure there are no oil leaks from the oil pressure switch.