Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the front wheel.
- Siphon a small amount of brake fluid from the master cylinder reservoir.
- Insert a small prybar through the caliper opening and pry the caliper cover (using the outboard brake pad) to bottom the piston in the caliper bore.
- Remove the brake hose banjo bolt and gasket washers.
- Remove the caliper slide bolts.
- Remove the caliper assembly from the adapter.
- Install the caliper assembly to the adapter.
Clean the slide bolts of any debris, lightly lubricate with silicon grease and tighten them to 32 ft. lbs. (44 Nm).
NOTEVerify the slide bolt boot is fully covering the bolt.
WARNINGVerify the brake hose is not twisted or kinked before fully tighten the banjo bolt.
- Install the brake hose with new copper washers and tighten the banjo bolt to 23 ft. lbs. (31 Nm).
- Fill and bleed the brake system.
- Install the front wheel.
- Lower the vehicle and recheck the brake fluid level.