Removal & Installation
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove wheel and tire assembly.
Remove the caliper adapter mounting bolts and remove the caliper adapter from the steering knuckle.
- Secure caliper anchor assembly to nearby suspension part with a wire. Do not allow brake hose to support caliper weight.
- Remove and discard the o-ring securing the disc brake rotor on the hub.
Remove the disc brake rotor from hub/bearing.
- Install the rotor on hub studs.
Install the caliper adapter on the knuckle. Install adapter bolts and tighten to 125 ft. lbs. (169 Nm).
NOTECaliper slide pins should be free from debris and lightly lubricated.
- Install the caliper to the caliper adapter and tighten the bolts to 32 ft. lbs. (44 Nm).
- Gently lift one end of the slide pin boot to equalize air pressure, then release the boot and verify that the boot is fully covering the slide pin.
- Install wheel and tire assembly.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Pump brake pedal to seat caliper pistons and brake pads. Do not move vehicle until firm brake pedal is obtained.