Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the front wheel.
- Siphon a small amount of brake fluid from the master cylinder reservoir.
Compress the brake caliper and remove it from the adapter.
WARNINGSupport the brake caliper with mechanics wire. Do not let the caliper hang by the brake hose.
- Remove the brake pads from the caliper adapter.
Remove the anti-rattle clips from the caliper adapter.
- Clean all of the anti-rattle clip mounting surfaces on the brake caliper adapter.
- Install new anti-rattle clips into the caliper adapter.
- Install the brake pads onto the caliper adapter.
- Install the caliper on the caliper adapter and tighten the slide bolts to 32 ft. lbs. (44 Nm).
- Install the front wheel.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Pump the brake pedal several times until a firm pedal is obtained in order to properly seat the pads.
- Refill the brake fluid reservoir to the proper level.