Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the front wheel.
- Remove the brake caliper and rotor.
Disconnect the tie rod from the steering knuckle using Special Tool C-3894-A or equivalent.
Separate the lower ball joint from steering knuckle using Special Tool 8677.
- Remove the steering knuckle.
- If equipped with 4WD, remove the clevis bracket and move the halfshaft to the side and support it.
Press the lower ball joint from the lower control arm using Special Tools C-4212-F, C-4212-3 and 9654-3.
- Install the ball joint into the control arm using Special Tools C-4212-F, 9654-1 and 9654-2.
- Stake the ball joint flange in four evenly spaced places around the ball joint flange, using a chisel and hammer.
- If equipped with 4WD, remove the support for the halfshaft and install into position.
- Install the steering knuckle.
- Install the tie rod end into the steering knuckle.
- Install and tighten the halfshaft nut to 185 ft. lbs. (251 Nm) (if equipped).
- Install the brake caliper and rotor.
- Install the tire and wheel assembly.
- Check the vehicle ride height
- Perform a wheel alignment.