Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the front wheel.
- Remove the upper ball joint retaining nut.
Separate the upper ball joint from the steering knuckle using Special Tool 8677.
Move the knuckle aside to allow access for the ball joint removal tool.
NOTEExtreme pressure lubrication must be used on the threaded portions of the tool. This will increase the longevity of the tool and insure proper operation during the removal and installation process.
Press the ball joint from the upper control arm using Special Tools C-4212-F and 9652.
- Press the ball joint into the upper control arm using Special Tools C-4212-F Press, 9652 Driver, and 8975-2 Receiver.
- Install the upper ball joint into the steering knuckle. Tighten the upper ball joint retaining nut to 70 ft. lbs. (95 Nm).
- Install the front wheel.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Check and adjust the wheel alignment as necessary.