Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the front wheel.
- Remove the inner fender well splash shield.
- Remove the upper ball joint nut.
- Separate the upper ball joint from the steering knuckle using Special Tool 8677.
- Remove the nut and bolt securing the upper control to the body.
Remove the upper control arm.
- Position the upper control arm into place and tighten the bolt and nut to 80 ft. lbs. (108 Nm).
- Install the upper ball joint into the steering knuckle and tighten the nut to 70 ft. lbs. (95 Nm).
- Install the inner fender well.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Check and adjust the alignment as necessary.