The wheel hub/bearing unit is not serviceable and must be replaced as an assembly.
Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the front wheel.
Remove the disc brake caliper.
WARNINGSupport the caliper. Do not let the caliper hang by the hose.
- Remove the brake caliper adapter
- Remove the disc brake rotor.
- Remove the wheel speed sensor nut.
- Remove the wheel speed sensor.
- Remove the 3 hub bearing mounting bolts from the back of the steering knuckle. Remove hub bearing from the steering knuckle.
- Install the hub bearing to the knuckle.
- Install the hub bearing to knuckle and the 3 bolts then tighten to 85 ft. lbs. (115 Nm).
- Install the wheel speed sensor.
- Install the wheel speed sensor nut.
- Install the brake rotor
- Install the brake caliper adaptor.
- Install the caliper.
- Install the front wheel.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Check and adjust the wheel alignment as necessary.