Removal & Installation
- Drain and remove the fuel tank.
- Note the rotational position of the fuel pump module before removing. Use the indexing arrow located on top of the module for reference.
- Install Special Tool 9340 Locking Remover/Install into the notches on the outside edges of the lockring.
- Install a 1 / 2 breaker bar to the lockring removal tool.
- Rotate the breaker bar counter-clockwise to remove the lockring.
- When the lockring is removed, the fuel pump module will spring up slightly from the tank.
Carefully remove the fuel pump assembly from the tank.
- Install the fuel pump module into the fuel tank using a new gasket.
- Position the lockring over the fuel pump module.
- Rotate the fuel pump under the embossed alignment arrow points to the center of the alignment mark.
- Install Special Tool 9340 and breaker bar over the lockring and turn clockwise until all seven notches have been engaged.
- Install the fuel tank.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.