- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the fuel tank filler cap to release any fuel tank pressure.
- Remove the fuel pump relay from the PDC.
- Start and run the engine until it stops.
Unplug the connector from any injector and connect a jumper wire from either injector terminal to the positive battery terminal. Connect another jumper wire to the other terminal and momentarily touch the other end to the negative battery terminal.
WARNINGJust touch the jumper to the battery. Powering the injector for more than a few seconds will permanently damage it.
- Place a rag below the quick-disconnect coupling at the fuel rail and disconnect it.
When service is complete, reinstall the fuel pump relay.
NOTEA Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) may have been stored in the PCM due to the fuel pump relay removal. A diagnostic scan tool must be used to erase the DTC.