Removal & Installation
- Disconnect negative cable from battery.
- Use a plastic trim removal stick to remove switch bezel. Bezel snaps on.
- Remove silencer pad (two screws).
- Remove knee blocker.
Remove two key cylinder housing torx screws.
- Remove the instrument panel bezel.
Remove one key cylinder housing torx screw.
To prevent binding or kinking cable, carefully lower the key/cylinder/switch/cable/SKREEM assembly. Disconnect two electrical connectors (one at ignition switch and one at SKREEM). To release cable from switch, simultaneously press on tab while pressing on tab.
Remove SKREEM unit from switch housing by removing screw.
Remove ignition switch from switch housing by removing screw and then proceeding to the next step.
Continue to remove ignition switch by simultaneously pressing on two release tabs using two small screwdrivers, while pulling ignition switch from housing.
To remove key lock cylinder from housing , rotate key to ON position while pressing on release tab.
- Remove key lock cylinder from housing.
- Install ignition key into lock cylinder. Rotate key to -ON- position (retaining tab on side of lock cylinder can now be depressed).
- The shaft at end of key lock cylinder aligns with socket within end of housing. To align socket with lock cylinder, ensure socket is in -ON- position.
- Position and align key lock cylinder with grooves in housing.
Slide lock cylinder into housing until release tab sticks through opening at side of housing.
- Install ignition switch to switch housing until it snaps into the two tabs. Install and tighten screw.
- Install SKREEM unit to switch housing and install screw.
Position cable into assembly until tab engages.
- Install one key cylinder housing torx screw. Do not tighten (finger tight only).
- Install two key cylinder housing torx screws. Now tighten all three housing mounting screws.
- Install knee blocker.
- Install silencer pad.
- Install bezels.
- Connect negative battery cable.