- Disconnect and isolate negative battery cable.
- Remove cover from Power Distribution Center (PDC) for relay identification and location.
- Remove starter relay from PDC.
- Check condition of relay terminals and PDC connector terminals for damage or corrosion. Repair if necessary before installing relay.
- Check for pin height (pin height should be the same for all terminals within the PDC connector). Repair if necessary before installing relay.
- Push down firmly on starter relay until terminals are fully seated into PDC receptacle.
- Install PDC cover.
- Connect the negative battery cable.