Axod And Axod-E Transaxle
- Position the selector lever in the OD position against the rearward stop. The shift lever must be held in the rearward position using a constant force of 3 lbs. (1.4 Kg) while the linkage is being adjusted.
- Loosen the manual lever-to-control cable-retaining nut.
- Move the transaxle manual lever to the OD position, second detent from the most rearward position.
- Tighten the retaining nut to 11-19 ft. lbs. (15-26 Nm).
- Check the operation of the transaxle in each selector lever position. Make sure the park and neutral start switch are functioning properly.
Transaxle downshift control is controlled through the throttle position switch on 1991-95 vehicles equipped with the electronic automatic overdrive transaxle.
Throttle Valve Linkage
Axod And Axod-E Transaxles
- Position the selector lever in the OVERDRIVE position against the rearward stop.
- Loosen the manual lever to control cable-retaining nut. Be sure that the transaxle lever is in the OVERDRIVE position. Tighten the retaining nut to 11-19 ft. lbs. (15-26 Nm).
- Check operation of the transaxle in each range. Be sure that the park switch and neutral safety switch are working properly.