- Remove the radiator upper sight shield.
- If flushing of the air conditioning system has not been performed, recover the refrigerant, as outlined in this section.
- Remove the drive belt from the A/C clutch pulley.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
Remove the radiator air deflector, as follows:
- Remove the pin-type retainers.
- Remove the screws and remove the radiator air deflector.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the A/C pressure transducer.
Loosen the bolt and remove the A/C manifold and tube.
- Disconnect the electrical connector.
Remove the bolts and the A/C compressor.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Observe the following tightening specifications:
- A/C compressor mounting bolts: 15-22 ft. lbs. (20-30 Nm).
- A/C manifold and tube: 14-17 ft. lbs. (18-24 Nm).
- If filtering of the refrigerant system is not to be performed, lubricate the new A/C compressor with the correct amount of PAG Refrigerant Compressor Oil (R134a Systems) or equivalent.
- Lubricate the new A/C manifold O-ring seals with PAG Refrigerant Compressor Oil (R134a Systems) or equivalent.
- If filtering of the refrigerant system is not to be performed, evacuate, charge and leak test the refrigerant system, as outlined in this section.