Removal & Installation
- Remove the engine from the vehicle.
- Remove the intake manifolds.
- Remove the oil pan.
- Remove the front cover and timing chain and camshaft sprocket.
- Remove the balance shaft drive gear and spacer.
- Remove the balance shaft gear, thrust plate and shaft assembly.
- Thoroughly coat the balance shaft bearings in the block with engine oil.
- Install the balance shaft gear.
- Install the balance shaft, thrust plate and gear, then tighten the retaining bolts to 6-10 ft. lbs. (8-14 Nm).
- Install the timing chain and camshaft sprocket.
- Install the oil pan.
- Install the timing cover.
- Install the intake manifolds.
- Install the engine in the vehicle.