Removal & Installation
- Remove the crankshaft damper as described in this Section.
- Use a suitable seal removal tool to remove the seal from the cover. Be careful not to damage the crankshaft or the seal bore in the timing chain cover.
- Lubricate the seal bore in the front cover and the seal lip with clean engine oil.
- Install the new seal using a suitable seal installation tool. Make sure the seal is installed evenly and straight.
- Install the crankshaft damper. Be sure to lubricate the sealing surface of the damper with clean engine oil prior to installation.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.