There is no adjustment for the front wheel bearings due to the nature of their design. These bearings are permanently lubricated and require no periodic maintenance.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Turn the air suspension switch to the OFF position.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Unbolt and remove the hub and bearing assembly.
Install or connect the following:
Hub and bearing assembly. Tighten the bolts to 61-78 ft. lbs. (83-107 Nm).
- Turn the air suspension switch to the ON position.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle. Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove and discard the grease cap from the hub.
- Remove the brake caliper. Suspend the caliper with a length of wire; do not let it hang from the brake hose.
- Remove the rotor. If the factory installed push on nuts are installed, remove them first.
- Remove and discard the wheel hub nut.
- Remove the hub and bearing assembly.
- Install the hub and bearing assembly. Install a new wheel hub nut and tighten to 189-254 ft. lbs. (255-345 Nm).
- Install the rotor and push on nuts, if equipped. Install a new grease cap.
- Install the brake caliper.
- Install the wheel and tire assembly and lower the vehicle.