Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure, as outlined in this section.
- Disconnect the vacuum lines from the intake manifold and fuel pressure sensor.
Disconnect the fuel pressure sensor electrical connection.
WARNINGAfter disconnecting, plug the fuel line(s) to prevent fuel leakage.
- Disconnect the fuel line.
- Disconnect the eight fuel injector electrical connections.
- Position the engine control sensor wiring out of the way.
Remove the four bolts and the four studs.
Remove the fuel injection supply manifold with the fuel injectors attached.
- Inspect the fuel injection supply manifold. Install a new fuel injection supply manifold as necessary.
Install the fuel supply manifold and tighten the bolts as follows:
- Stage 1: Tighten to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
- Stage 2: Tighten an additional 85-95 degrees.
- Install the fuel supply line
- Attach the injector wiring connectors
- Connect the fuel pressure sensor vacuum line and wiring connector
- Connect the negative battery cable
- Start the engine and check for leaks.