Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the fuel tank cap and relieve the fuel system pressure, as explained in this section.
- Disconnect the vacuum line at the pressure regulator.
- Remove and discard the 3 Allen® head screws retaining the regulator housing.
- Remove the pressure regulator, gasket and O-ring.
- If scraping is necessary to remove old gasket material, be careful not to damage the pressure regulator or fuel supply manifold gasket surfaces.
- Lubricate a new fuel pressure regulator O-ring with clean engine oil.
- Make sure the pressure regulator and fuel supply manifold gasket mating surfaces are clean.
- Install the new O-ring and new gasket on the pressure regulator.
- Install the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel supply manifold. Install new Allen® screws and tighten to 27-40 inch lbs. (3-4.5 Nm).
- Connect the vacuum line to the pressure regulator.
- Connect the negative battery cable and turn the ignition switch to the RUN position to allow the fuel pump to pressurize the system.
- Check for fuel leaks.
- Start the engine and let it idle for 2 minutes. Turn the engine OFF and check for leaks.