Power Seat Motor
Removal & Installation
- While the seat is still in the vehicle, remove the rear Torx® head motor retaining screw from the track assembly.
- Run the seat motor to align the gear with the notches in the track assembly.
- Remove the seat and track assembly.
Remove the seat back as follows:
- Remove the recliner release lever handle, bezel and spacer, if equipped.
- Remove the seat back release knob and bezel, if equipped.
- Pull back the rear outboard cushion trim cover at the carpet and remove the push pin from the frame.
- Remove the 2 rear (one upper and one lower) hog rings to expose the lower recliner latch or 4-door recliner lock out plate.
- Remove the 2 retaining bolts and cable retainer, if equipped.
- Lift the seat back upward and pull outboard to disengage the center hinge.
- Remove the seat back.
- Detach the seat control from the track assembly at the connectors.
- Remove the upper and lower shield(s) from the outboard side of the seat cushion, if equipped.
- Remove the 4 bolts retaining each track to the seat frame.
- Remove the nut retaining the seat belt buckle to the track and remove the center occupant belt from the mounting slot.
- Remove the track and motor assembly from the seat.
- Remove the assist springs.
- Tap out the roll pins retaining the inner track assembly to the motor and outer track assembly.
- Remove the 2 motor retaining nuts and remaining Torx® head screw.
- Carefully separate the motor from the seat track assembly.
- Remove the drive cross shaft.
- Position the motor to the seat track assembly. Make sure the guide is in place around the gear.
- Install the motor retaining nuts and front Torx® head screw.
- Assemble the inner track assembly and drive cross shaft to the outer track and motor assembly.
- Install the roll pins. Make sure the tracks are aligned in proper position.
- Install the assist springs.
- Position the track and motor assembly to the seat cushion.
- Install the 4 track-to-cushion retaining bolts.
- Install the center occupant belt through the mounting slot and install the seat belt buckle and retaining nut to the track.
- Install the upper and lower shield(s) to the outboard seat cushion, if equipped.
- Attach the seat control to the track assembly at the connectors.
- Install the seat back in the reverse order of removal.
- Install the seat in the vehicle.
- Position the seat to allow the rear Torx® head screw to be installed.
- Check the seat for proper operation.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the access covers from the lower shields, if equipped, or insulators, if equipped, to expose the nuts and washers and/or bolts.
- Remove the nuts and washers and/or bolts retaining the seat track to the floorpan.
- Lift the seat up enough to disconnect the seat harness connector and disconnect the connector.
- On certain models, remove the bolt(s) attaching the seat belts to the floor.
- Remove the seat and track assembly from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
Removal & Installation
- Apply knee pressure to the lower front portion of the rear seat cushion. Push rearward to disengage the seat cushion from the retainer brackets.
- Remove the outer seat belt and seat back lower retaining screws.
- Grasp the seat back at the bottom and lift up to disengage the hanger wire from the retainer brackets.
- Remove the seat back from the vehicle.
- Position the seat back into the vehicle so that the hanger wire is engaged with the retaining brackets.
- Install the outer seat belt and seat back lower retainer screws. Tighten to 22-32 ft. lbs. (30-43 Nm).
- Position the seat cushion into the vehicle. Apply knee pressure to the lower portion of the seat cushion, pushing rearward and down to lock the cushion into position.
- Check the rear seat cushion to make sure it is secured into the floor retainer.