Read and follow all of the Warnings, Cautions and Notes in the Precautions at the beginning of this section before continuing.
The engine should be run at idle for 10 minutes with the air conditioning on and set to MAX A/C before carrying out this retail procedure.
Air Conditioning System Check
- Connect manifold gauge set or charging station with gauges to refrigerant system.
- With the vehicle in park, parking brake set, thermometer installed in center panel vent, and air conditioning system on and set to FULL COOL, start the engine.
- Record air refrigerant system pressures while running the engine at 1,500 rpm and allow engine to return to idle.
- Operate the blower motor in all control positions and check for correct blower speed changes.
- With the blower motor on HI, operate air discharge mode selector in all positions and check for correct airflow in each position.
- Operate the temperature blend selector in all positions and check for correct change in discharge temperature. Check the air discharge temperature with the selector in the coolest position and the air conditioning on and set to FULL COOL to determine if the air discharge temperature is acceptable for the current ambient air temperature.
- Carry out the DATC self-test (if applicable).
- If the refrigerant system pressures were low, carry out the refrigerant system leak test.
Open the hood and visually inspect the heating and air conditioning systems for the following:
Coolant reservoir for correct coolant level