- Fully release the parking brake control.
- Raise the vehicle on a hoist.
Pull the parking brake cable adjuster clip downward. The tensioner spring will take up the cable slack and preload the cables.
Push up on the bottom of the clip to lock adjustment. If the clip does not slide up, move the assembly slightly to align the closest groove on the parking brake cable adjuster rod with the clip.
- Apply 157 lbs. (698 N) of force to the parking brake control. Apply force for 20 minutes.
- Repeat Steps 3 and 4.
- Lower the vehicle and check the operation of the parking brake.
- If equipped with air suspension, the air suspension switch, located on the right-hand side of the luggage compartment, must be turned to the OFF position before raising the vehicle.
- Make sure the parking brake is fully released.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Hold the tensioner at the housing, then install the hooked end of a suitable tool into the rounded end of the clip between the clip and the housing. Unlock the clip by pulling downward with the tool and support the tensioner. The tensioner spring will take up cable slack and preload the cables. While holding the tensioner, lock the clip by pushing up on the bottom of the clip. If the clip does not slide up, move the assembly slightly to align the closest groove on the adjuster rod to the clip.
- Apply 125 pounds (170 N) of foot pedal effort and then release the parking brake control. Repeat application and release procedure at least twice.
- Repeat the entire procedure starting with unlocking the clip to allow the tensioner spring to take up any slack.
- After repeating the procedure, snap the retainer shut.
- Lower the vehicle.
- If equipped with air suspension, turn the air suspension switch to the ON position.
- Check the parking brake system for proper operation.