- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the engine cooling system.
- Remove engine air cleaner.
- Remove the upper radiator hose from the water bypass tube.
- Remove the upper radiator supports.
Remove the radiator overflow hose from the radiator.
- Remove the upper radiator hose and two clips from the fan shroud.
- Remove the transmission fluid cooler lines from the fluid cooler inlet and outlet fittings.
Disconnect the engine control sensor wiring from the auxiliary electric cooling fan motor.
NOTESupport the A/C condenser core and bracket.
Remove the nuts retaining A/C condenser core to the radiator.
- Raise the vehicle on a hoist. For additional information, refer to Section 100-02 .
Remove the radiator air deflector.
- Remove the lower radiator hose (8286) from the radiator.
Remove the bumper cover pin-type retainers.
- Remove the power steering/transmission fluid cooler and position the cooler aside.
- Support the fan shroud, radiator and the radiator support (16138).
- Remove the bolts and the left side radiator support.
- Remove the bolts and the right side radiator support.
- Lower and remove the fan shroud, radiator and the radiator support from the vehicle.
- Remove the upper radiator hose from radiator.
- Remove the two bolts and the fan shroud from the radiator.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.