Removal & Installation
The air suspension switch, located in the left side of the luggage compartment, must be turned OFF before raising the vehicle. Failure to do so may result in unexpected inflation or deflation of the air springs that may result in shifting of the vehicle during service.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
Remove the rear disc support bracket, as follows:
WARNINGNever allow the rear disc brake caliper to hang from the rear wheel brake hose.
- Remove the rear disc brake caliper bolts and position the caliper aside.
- Remove the brake pads.
Remove the rear disc support bracket bolts and bracket.
NOTERemove and discard the push nuts, if so equipped.
Remove the brake disc (rotor).
WARNINGUse a hub-mount brake lathe if necessary to machine the brake disc.
NOTEMeasure the brake disc (rotor), and resurface as necessary. Replace the brake disc if beyond specification.
- Install the brake disc (rotor).
Install the rear disc support bracket, as follows:
- Position the rear disc (rotor) support bracket and secure with the retaining bolts. Torque to 76 ft. lbs. (103 Nm).
- Install the brake pads
- Install the rear disc brake caliper and secure with the bolts. Tighten to 26 ft. lbs. (35 Nm).