Removal & Installation
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
Remove the rear disc support bracket, as follows:
WARNINGNever allow the rear disc brake caliper to hang from the rear wheel brake hose.
- Remove the rear disc brake caliper bolts and position the caliper aside.
- Remove the brake pads.
Remove the rear disc support bracket bolts and bracket.
NOTERemove and discard the push nuts, if so equipped.
Remove the brake disc (rotor).
WARNINGUse a hub-mount brake lathe if necessary to machine the brake disc.
NOTEMeasure the brake disc (rotor), and resurface as necessary. Replace the brake disc if beyond specification.
- Install the brake disc (rotor).
Install the rear disc support bracket, as follows:
- Position the rear disc (rotor) support bracket and secure with the retaining bolts. Torque to 76 ft. lbs. (103 Nm).
- Install the brake pads
- Install the rear disc brake caliper and secure with the bolts. Tighten to 26 ft. lbs. (35 Nm).