Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle. Place jack stands under the frame side rails.
- Support the rear axle housing.
- Remove the rear stabilizer bar, if equipped.
- Disconnect the lower studs of both rear shock absorbers from the mounting brackets on the axle tube.
- Unsnap the right parking brake cable from the right upper arm retainer before lowering the axle.
- Lower the axle housing until the coil springs are released. Remove the springs and insulators.
- Position the spring in the upper and lower seats with an insulator between the upper end of the spring and frame seat.
- Raise the axle and connect the shock absorbers to the mounting brackets. Install new retaining nuts and tighten to 56-76 ft. lbs. (77-103 Nm).
- Snap the right parking cable into the upper arm retainer. Install the stabilizer bar, if equipped.
- Remove the support from the rear axle housing and lower the vehicle.