- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Drain the cooling system.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
Install or connect the following:
Water pump. Use a new O-ring seal and tighten the bolts to 15-22 ft. lbs. (20-30 Nm).
- Fill the cooling system.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system, remove the cooling fan and the shroud.
- Release the belt tensioner and remove the accessory drive belt.
- Remove the 4 bolts retaining the water pump pulley to the water pump and remove the pulley.
- Remove the 4 bolts retaining the water pump to the engine assembly and remove the water pump.
- Clean the sealing surfaces of the water pump and engine block.
- Lubricate a new O-ring seal with clean antifreeze and install on the water pump.
- Install the water pump and tighten the retaining bolts to 15-22 ft. lbs. (20-30 Nm).
- Install the water pump pulley and tighten the retaining bolts to 15-22 ft. lbs. (20-30 Nm).
- Install the accessory drive belt; refer to Section 1.
- Install the cooling fan and shroud. Connect the negative battery cable and fill the cooling system as explained in Section 1.
- Run the engine and check for leaks.