Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Disconnect the hydraulic coupling for the clutch slave cylinder at the transaxle by removing the clip and then sliding the sleeve on the tube towards the clutch slave cylinder while applying a slight pulling force to the tube.
- Remove the transaxle.
From inside the transaxles bellhousing, remove the 3 clutch slave cylinder retaining bolts and remove the clutch slave cylinder.
- Remove the clutch slave cylinder bleed tube.
- Place the clutch slave cylinder over the input shaft splines and position the clutch slave cylinder.
- Reinstall the clutch slave cylinder retaining bolts. Torque the retaining bolts to 7-14 ft. lbs. (9-19 Nm).
- Reinstall the bleed tube. Torque the bleed tube fitting to 10 ft. lbs. (14 Nm).
- Reinstall the transaxle.
- Reconnect the slave cylinder tube coupling by pushing the male coupling into the slave cylinder female coupling and then installing the clip.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.
- Bleed the hydraulic clutch system, if required.
- Check for proper clutch operation.