- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Drain and recycle the engine coolant.
CAUTIONNever open, service or drain the radiator or cooling system when hot; serious burns can occur from the steam and hot coolant. Also, when draining engine coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted to ethylene glycol antifreeze and could drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantities. Always drain coolant into a sealable container. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or is several years old.
- Unplug the sensor connector.
- Remove the coolant recovery tank.
- Remove the coolant level sensor from the tank.
- Install the coolant level sensor into the coolant recovery tank.
- Install the coolant recovery tank.
- Plug the sensor connector in.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Fill the engine with coolant.
- Start the engine, allow it to reach operating temperature, bleed the cooling system and check for leaks.
- Verify the operation of the warning lamp.