Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, please familiarize yourself with safety procedures.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Rotate the crankshaft so that the piston on the cylinder to be serviced is at bottom dead center with the valves closed.
- Install an adapter in the spark plug hole and connect a compressed air supply at 102-144 psi.
- Install special tool Valve Spring Compressor T94P-6565-BH.
Compress the valve spring and remove the roller finger follower. Repeat for each follower to be removed.
NOTEIf the followers are to be reused, ensure that they are installed in the same position that they were removed from.
- Compress the valve spring and install the roller finger follower. Repeat for each follower to be installed.
Install or connect the following:
- Run the engine and check for leaks and proper operation.