Removal & Installation
- Remove the transaxle assembly.
- Remove the clutch cover assembly for manual transmissions.
- Remove the clutch disc assembly.
- Remove the flywheel sub-assembly.
- For automatics, remove the drive plate and ring gear subassembly via the eight bolts.
- Install the drive plate and ring gear for automatics or the flywheel sub assembly for manuals. Make sure the eight bolts and holes are clean.
- Apply a thread lock to two or three of the bolts. Torque, using several steps, until you reach 65 ft. lbs (88 Nm). For the flywheel, torque to 36 ft. lbs.
- Mark the bolts with paint and retighten them another 90 degrees in the same sequence.
- Install the clutch disc assembly for manuals.
- Install the clutch cover for manuals.
- Install the transaxle.