Diagnosis & Testing
- Select "L" on the left/right adjustment switch:
- Select "R" on the left/right adjustment switch:
Toyota Corolla 2007-2008
- Using a screwdriver, disengage the 2 clips and 3 claws, and remove the armrest.
- Using a screwdriver, disengage the clip and 5 claws, and remove the armrest upper panel with the power window regulator master switch.
- Disconnect the connector.
- Remove the 3 screws and switch.
- Remove the front armrest base panel upper. Using a screwdriver, disengage the 7 claws, and remove the armrest panel together with the door lock switch.
- Disconnect the door lock switch connector.
- Using a screwdriver, disengage the 2 claws, and remove the door switch.
- Insert a clip remover between the plate and trim
- Maintain the position and turn the handle as shown in the illustration to remove the handle.
- Using a screwdriver, disengage the clip and claw, and remove the garnish.
- Remove the 3 screws on the door trim board subassembly.
- Using a screwdriver, disengage the 8 clips and remove the trim board upward.
- Using a screwdriver, disengage the door inside handle assembly.
Move the inside handle in the direction indicated by the arrow mark in the illustration. This will release the claw and allow removal of the inside handle.
- Disconnect the 2 cables from the inside handle.
- Disconnect each connector, and remove the front door service hole cover.
- Disconnect the outer mirror connector.
- Remove the 3 nuts and outer mirror.
- Remove the front door belt molding.
- Disconnect the speaker connector.
- Using a drill of less than 4 mm (0.16 in.), drill out the 3 rivet heads and remove the speaker.
- Remove the 3 screws and plate for the inside door panel plate.
- Insert a cushion inside the door panel to prevent the glass from being scratched and remove the glass sub-assembly.
- Move the door glass until the 2 bolts appear in the service holes and remove the 2 bolts.
Remove the door glass
- Disconnect the window regulator connector.
- Remove the 6 bolts and window regulator.
- Place matchmarks on the window regulator motor bracket and regulator gear.
- Using a Torx®driver (T25), remove the 3 screws and motor.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal.
Toyota Corolla 2003-2006
Remove the arm rest.
- Remove the window switches.
If equipped with manual windows, use a shop towel to remove the window handle.
- Carefully pry off the finish panel at the front corner of the door (just inside the mirror).
Remove the door panel (3 screws, 8 clips).
- Disconnect the wiring and remove the three nuts to remove the mirror.
- Fit the mirror into place and install one nut. If equipped with a speaker, fit that into place and install one nut.
- Install the remaining fasteners and torque to 71 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Connect the wiring and test the mirror.
- Install the door panel and window switches.
- With manual windows, the window handle should be about 30° to the rear of straight up when the window is closed.