Toyota Corolla 2007-2008
- Remove the fuel sender gauge assembly from fuel tank.
Check that the float position is between E and F.
- Measure the resistance between terminals 2 and 3 of the connector according to the value(s) in the illustration below.
If sender is not within standard specifications, replace sender.
Toyota Corolla 2003-2006
- Disconnect the connector from the fuel pump assembly.
- Turn the ignition switch ON , check that the gauge needle indicates EMPTY .
- Connect terminals 2 and 3 of the wire harness side connector through a 3.4 W test bulb.
- Turn the ignition switch ON , check that the bulb lights up and the gauge needle indicates EMPTY .
If the operation is not as specified, inspect the sender gauge resistance:
When the float is in the FULL position, resistance should be 16.4 ohms