Removal & Installation
- Remove the left engine sight cover.
Clean area around the oil sensor/switch before removing it.
- Remove the vacuum hose for the power brake booster.
- Disconnect the electrical connector for the oil pressure sensor/switch.
- Using special tool J-41712 or equivalent , remove the oil pressure sensor/switch.
- Install the oil pressure sensor/switch by hand.
Tighten the engine oil pressure sensor/switch:
6.0L Engine torque to 26ft. lbs. (35 Nm)
- Reconnect the oil pressure sensor/switch electrical connector.
- Install the vacuum hose for the power brake booster.
- Install the left engine sight cover.
- Check the oil level and correct as necessary. Turn the ignition switch on, but do not start the engine.
- Disconnect the sensor lead at the sensor. The gauge should read full scale.
- Ground the connector. The gauge should read at the bottom of the scale.
- If the gauge functions properly, replace the sensor.