Fill pump reservoir with fluid to minimum system level, FULL COLD level, or middle of hash mark on cap stick fluid level indicator.
NOTEWith hydro-boost only, the oil level will appear falsely high if the hydro-boost accumulator is not fully charged. Do not apply the brake pedal with the engine OFF. This will discharge the hydro-boost accumulator.
If equipped with hydro-boost, fully charge the hydro-boost accumulator using the following procedure:
- Start the engine.
- Firmly apply the brake pedal 10-15 times.
- Turn the engine OFF.
- Raise the vehicle until the front wheels are off the ground.
- With the key on, engine OFF, turn the steering wheel from stop to stop 12 times. Vehicles equipped with hydro-boost systems or longer length power steering hoses may require turns up to 15 to 20 stop to stops.
- Verify power steering fluid level.
- Start the engine. Rotate steering wheel from left to right. Check for sign of cavitation or fluid aeration (pump noise/whining).
- Verify the fluid level. Repeat the bleed procedure, if necessary.