- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Place the clutch pressure plate, flat surface down, on a press.
- Compress the pressure plate diaphragm spring fingers until tension is released from the stepped adjusting ring.
Hold 2 screwdrivers, or other suitable tools, and place them against 2 of the 3 stepped adjusting ring tension spring stops (1), just ahead of the adjusting ring tension springs.
- Using the screwdrivers, rotate the stepped adjusting ring counterclockwise, compressing the tension springs, until the adjusting ring steps are fully adjusted out, then continue to hold in position.
- Release the press pressure from the pressure plate diaphragm spring fingers.
- Release the adjusting ring tension spring stops.
- Remove the pressure plate from the press.