Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove the fuel rail covers as shown.
- Disconnect the ignition coil harness connector.
- Disconnect the spark plug wire at the ignition coil.
- Remove the ignition coil mounting bolts.
- Remove the ignition coil.
- Install the ignition coil.
- Install the ignition coil mounting bolts and tighten to 106 inch lbs. (12 Nm).
- Connect the spark plug wire at the ignition coil.
- Connect the ignition coil harness connector and tighten to 106 inch lbs. (12 Nm).
- Install the fuel rail cover.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Connect scan tool to vehicle-s Data Link Connector and follow scan tool instructions to download diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs).
Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) list:
DTC P0351: Ignition Coil 1 Control CircuitDTC P0352: Ignition Coil 2 Control CircuitDTC P0353: Ignition Coil 3 Control CircuitDTC P0354: Ignition Coil 4 Control CircuitDTC P0355: Ignition Coil 5 Control CircuitDTC P0356: Ignition Coil 6 Control CircuitDTC P0357: Ignition Coil 7 Control CircuitDTC P0358: Ignition Coil 8 Control Circuit
- If a DTC indicates an ignition coil is faulty before replacing the ignition coil check wiring for short circuits, broken or chafed wires, loose connections and corroded terminals.